Thursday, May 17, 2012

Giddy-Up, Horsey!

Today was amazing!! I knew I would love it because I've always wanted to ride horses, but it was even better than I could have imagined. We woke up at 9am and went to a little ranch-type place with some animals, centering on the horses. After strapping on some chaps, I got a smaller white horse, which was awesome because I pretended it was a unicorn. I didn't know her actual name, but I called her Isabella.
I cannot even explain how wonderful the 3-hour long ride was. We trekked through all kinds of wilderness - sand dunes, the beach, rivers, and forests. Feeling my hair whip back as we trotted and galloped was exhilarating. Even swimming through water that came up past our feet while we were riding the horse was so much fun. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for even one minute. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. It was one of the best days of the trip by far, and I'm glad that we spent our last full day doing something so fantastic.

After we were done the actual ride, we returned to the main house and had a huge and delicious barbecue with all kinds of salads, red meat, pork, and roasted vegetables. It added to the day by being another great meal. We relaxed and played on some swings and hammocks before getting back on the tour bus to come back to Hotel America.

Now we're going to our last dinner with the Chilean students - pizza! I can't wait to have our last hoorah and celebrate the end of one of the most wonderful experiences of my entire life. We start our voyage home tomorrow afternoon, and I'm really sad that this is our last night together.

No comments:

Post a Comment