Sunday, May 20, 2012

Adios, Chile

I am so sad to say that my adventures in Chile with Plus 3 are over. Sitting back home in West Chester, Pennsylvania reminds me of how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to travel abroad with a group of amazing new friends.


Friday morning I woke up and walked around Viña del Mar for the last time with Kirsten and Caryn. We went to a pastry shop and got breakfast and hot chocolate. Then we stopped at the little market to pick up a few last minute souvenirs. We returned to the hotel and I finished packing - I had to stand on top of my suitcase to get it all the way closed - before meeting the group for lunch at noon. We returned to Tiki Taco, the place we ate the first day, for our final meal. After eating we grabbed our luggage and boarded the tour bus to go to the airport for another day full of travel.


Our first flight was ten hours from Santiago to Dallas, Texas, and our second was three hours back up to Pittsburgh. My grandparents picked me up at the Pittsburgh airport and we made the drive back to my home in West Chester.


I have learned so much from my experiences in Chile! It was wonderful to be able to immerse myself in a different culture and branch out with my travel experience. I loved everything about the trip, and I hope I'll be able to study abroad again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment